Plumbing Basics You Need to Know
Plumbing issues can cause water damage and quickly cause major problems for homeowners. Property owners need to understand the basics of how their plumbing system works and some vital information to avoid potentially messy and expensive repairs. This can include how to spot the signs of a problem and the importance of plumbing maintenance. This post will share some plumbing basics to help people take better care of their plumbing and save money.
Water Saving Plumbing Fixtures
Homeowners might not realize it, but their plumbing fixtures can be costing them money. If their faucets, shower heads, bathtubs, and toilets are old and running inefficiently, have leaks, or are otherwise malfunctioning, it can result in wasted water and higher water bills. However, there are ways property owners can solve this issue and save money.
One way is to schedule plumbing fixture installations of water-efficient fixtures, like new water-saving toilets. Dual-flush toilets are one type of water-saving toilet that conserves water using two different flushing options. Water-saving showerheads and faucets can also save property owners money on water costs. Low-flow showerheads provide adequate water pressure while helping to conserve water. Water-saving faucets have faucet aerators that can reduce the water flow from a tap to reduce water bills.
Common Signs of Plumbing Problems
In order to avoid expensive water damage and other consequences of a plumbing emergency, homeowners need to be able to spot the signs that indicate a problem with their plumbing system. Some common signs a plumber is needed are:
- Noise from the plumbing can be due to many problems, such as a leak, sediment buildup in the water heater, or water hammer. A plumber needs to inspect the system to determine the exact cause.
- Low water pressure from fixtures can be caused by various issues, including leaks or clogs.
- Foul odors from drains can indicate a clog, blockage, or an issue with the garbage disposal.
- Slow-draining sinks can signal there’s a clog in the pipe.
- High water bills indicate a leak is wasting water and costing homeowners money.
The Importance of Routine Plumbing Maintenance
In order to prevent plumbing issues and avoid plumbing emergencies, homeowners need to schedule routine plumbing maintenance. Plumbing maintenance also extends the life of the plumbing. It helps save homeowners money by preventing issues, improving the water heater’s efficiency, and catching problems like leaks early before they can waste more water and money. During plumbing maintenance services, plumbers can check the system and look for signs of wear and tear and other issues that need repair.
During a plumbing inspection, plumbers will perform many tasks, including:
- Check for leaks and water damage
- Examine the pipes to look for rust or corrosion
- Check the fixtures like faucets, shower heads, toilets, bathtubs, and sinks for problems
- Determine if there are clogs in the pipes. If there are buildups, they will perform drain cleaning services.
- Perform water heater maintenance, including flushing the tank and inspecting the unit for signs of wear and tear and corrosion.
About Maximum Plumbing
The team at Maximum Plumbing are reliable plumbing experts serving Florence and the surrounding areas. They offer straightforward pricing, the latest technology, and a beneficial membership program. Call them today for plumbing services in Florence, KY.